Our "Scrappy" Friends!

Welcome!

Hello fellow scrapbookers!!! Welcome to "Lasting Memories" which is all about LAYOUTS!! Yes, JUST layouts! There are no cards allowed here. We have weekly themed challenges, but you have the whole month to get in on the fun! Our challenges begin each Sunday at 8am EST and all 4 challenges will end on the date listed on the sidebar at 6pm EST. At month's end, we will choose a GDT to join us for a month! Only one entry per challenge, and no back-linking is allowed since we would love to know that we "challenged" you. We look forward to challenging you and helping you get your pages completed!

Specialized Hosting Sites

A lot of crafters use specialized hosting sites that not all of us have access to. We just wanted to let you know that if we don't comment, it's because we don't have access - but we see your work here at LM and appreciate your taking the time to link up and show off your style!!

Sunday, August 31, 2014

LM #206 - Asian Theme

Before we start this month's challenges, we're saying goodbye to both Darcy and Denise as they move on to new adventures. Thank you ladies for everything and best of luck as you move on!
The LMDT

Hello and welcome to the first week of our September challenges! This months challenges were created by past DT member, TantiK and she has some fun ones for us! Your first challenge of September is .. 
Asian Theme!
Add an Asian touch on your LO for example Washi Tapes, vacation pictures, PP with japanese motives or other typical asian things

And now to announce our Guest Designer for September!
KARRIE SWEET 

I live in Ontario, Canada, and am a PT receptionist.  My hubby and I enjoy travelling; motor-bikes, camping/boating, and I play beach and indoor volleyball. I started scrapping in 2001 when I made an album of our Dominican trip to my dad and step-mom’s wedding (read: an extremely basic album with rudimentary supplies – construction paper, glitter glue and stencils!  LOL).  But I wanted to do something other than just plunk pictures in an album.  Over the next few years I muddled here and there but was frustrated taking everything out, putting it all away again... that really messed with the mojo. In 2009 we made some changes at home, my hubby was the one who suggested (I am so lucky he is so supportive!) that  I take the little bedroom for a craft room. I jumped at the idea, and a few years later when my son moved out I was ready to expand into his room. Last year we redid the basement and now my space is a beautiful big 11×20, packed tight! I  LOVE to create and right now am lucky enough to be free most weekends and weekday afternoons to devote to it.  I would say my style is messy-collage-chic. 

Her LO for our first week in Sept is fantastic, don't you think?!


Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you find time to create with us this week! Cya back here tmw with some gorgeous DT inspiration and we're excited to see what you create this week!

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Thank you so much for having me for the last year and a half! I have gotten so many layouts completed for my albums with these fabulous challenges!

ClaireR said...

We are going to miss you Darcy! Hope to see you around the Blogo-sphere! Good luck with your crafty adventures...

Related Posts with Thumbnails